Monday, September 21, 2009

Family

You know they say that you can't pick your family; I however beg to differ.









I haven't seen my"family" (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) for a long time, and when we do see each other, it is as awkward as strangers trying to talk to each other. I have a few people I love, who are actually like 3rd cousins, but as for the people who are supossed to be there; who are supposed to be family... I don't even know who they are. My Fathers side of the family fell apart when my Grandfather died, and then 10 months later the same thing happened my Mommom died. that was 6, and 5 years ago respectively. So you see since then I have made my own family. I chose people who wanted me, who wanted to know who I was, who needed me as much as I needed them. I choose my family, and they choose me. Plain and simple. When I am lost, when they are...when something is so important to tell someone, when I just need a hug, or they are hurting, they are the people I turn to; the people I love. THEY are my family, a piece of me, my heart, and blood and genetics has nothing to do with it! You can pick your family, I am here to tell you that!

3 comments:

  1. We really have the best family EVER.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I also consider the body of Christ closer family then some of my blood family (although they are "blood" relatives too, if you know what I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Laura and am honored to have been chosen. God brought the Crafts and Westgates together, even having shared familial birthmarks, so we would have family that we needed. Our family proves that God does indeed supply what we need and that He makes sure we are cared for. And ya know what? I REALLY needed to read this today and see our picture on here. I love you my sister!

    ReplyDelete