Friday, April 17, 2009

Bright Yellow Flowers and Black and White Boots


Nobody knows what the day will hold.


I woke up in pain and determined that this would be a bad day, and then I talked to Laura and Heather, and Mom and little things made things better. Even just watching my favorite TV show and being able to laugh out loud, it felt freeing. Somedays you can't say what you feel so you sing and you write them down. I haven't been able to say what I feel in a while, my feelings haven't been great and I try to keep those inside so I don't bother others or make them feel bad, we all have enough to worry about as it is, but some days even though you are bound and determined that you shall wallow in your own depression, you get a call from your friend, you go on facebook and talk someone else into feeling better, you help out your mom so she's not late for work, you get called with last minute questions because you are the person people can trust to turn to, you go outside and you feel the Spring and you can't help but feel hope. The Spring always give hope, things start anew again, and you have another chance at life, and you may even have another chance at the day...

5 comments:

  1. :-) I love you. And I adore this. And the picture is beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest. I'm happy that even though I wasn't feeling so great, and you weren't feeling so great, that somehow we were able to cheer each other up. These sunny warm days have made me smile, and I can't wait to come home...and...you know? I might just blog about all that I can't wait to do... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ps. I absolutely LOVE the song New Soul by Yael Naim.
    It's rocking my world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say you keep stuff in because you don't want to bother people it makes me so mad I want to swear. Also if I was with you I'd bite you hard.

    Jan, you're so brave. Do you know how brave you are? I'm so proud of you. I see you continue to not see how much you mean to so many people. "My life would suck without you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life would suck without you, too.

    And we're supposed to lean on each other, Jan. It says it in the Bible. So that means....you should do that. Besides, if I wasn't sharing things with you because I didn't want to burden you, you would want to smack me. In fact, you probably would just do it ;-)

    ReplyDelete