Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today a little girl died, she was only a little more than a year old and her name was Norah. I didn't know her well though I knew her father, and I had looked after her in the nursery, and held while she cried for him. She was a daddy's girl and he was completely enamored of her. I cannot begin to comprehend this loss, and perhaps it is not effecting me so hard because I knew her family, and know they have felt loss before, but because I have never known a child who has died whom I have held in my arms. She was a beautiful little girl, and it doesn't seem real, or right, it doesn't seem true... I just pray for them, because I don't know what else to do, I feel lost, and I want to hold my babies and keep them close and make sure they are safe. Please lord watch over her parents and keep safe her little soul.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, and real Janna. And incredibly upsetting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete